Friday, October 7, 2011

I Didn't Know Whether to Cry, Dance, or Pee My Pants...

This is a big day. Huge. I know I should be able to express myself more articulately considering how long I have been waiting for this day to come, but words are failing me.

"EEEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWW!"

Well, that comes closer. See, after four years, several interviews, and several also-rans-we're-so-sorry-you're-very-qualified-and-we-really-like-yous....I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A JOB!

For now, it is a substitute job. The union requires that it be posted and other prospects be interviewed. But in the meantime, I will be the sub second grade teacher, working with the current teacher until an overflow classroom is ready. We will be a team, planning and sharing the load, figuring out what educational practices are best for 33 little ones, until the afternoon I take my group off to "our" room to do some learning magic of our own. The principal says more than likely it will remain my job after the interviews are done, and I am trying to keep that in mind. but for right now I am so excited I can only think one thing.

"EEEEEEEEEHAAAAWWWWWW!"

Yeah, that'll do for now...

3 comments:

  1. Well, Congratulations!

    Long time, no see, by the way. I see you've still got me listed on your sidebar. That's nice of you. I'm afraid I wasn't as nice, as somehow you got purged in one of my "hasn't posted in such-and-such an amount of days" clean-ups. You will now be restored.

    Voila! It is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...then I got busy again! Seems like WANTING to teach takes lots less effort than actually DOING it. Now I am going into my second round of report cards and conferences and hoping that next year I will have a full time job and enough energy to blog about it like my hero, VodkaMom...

    ReplyDelete