Monday, March 9, 2009

I Swear We're All Going To Start Gargling Lysol...

OMG!!
Are almost-40-year-olds allowed to use that phrase while posting in their blogs, or is it reserved for the teen set? Well, I'm usin' it today, because it's that kind of day.

I had a teaching job today, and Pony Girl woke up with a 103.6 fever. No prob, my folks can come stay with her. Of course she wanted ME to stay, and could I try to get a sub to sub for me? No, not really. I've worked for this teacher so much she doesn't even write plans anymore, just leaves a stack of work with sticky notes showing what time to do each thing. SO I would have had to go in and put together a set of sub plans for the sub, and that wasn't happening. Grammy and Gramps would take great care of her and I wouldn't need to worry. Until 9:35, almost the end of reading time. The classroom phone rang and it was the office. Crap-ola, now Jones was in the nurse's office with 99.8 fever. Not too bad, except they send kids home with fever of 100, and he'd already had motrin this morning for the headache he woke up with! So he went home too.

Now, this might not sound all so bad unless you hear the rest. At least one person in our house has been sick since the first week of January. S.P. got sick and gave it to Jones, then it just kept going with new bugs, and now it's MARCH and we're still SICK!! I just finished a Z-pack for a sinus infection and thought that was the end, but then S.P. caught a cold, and then the kids started these fevers, and now we are all getting back on the freakin' merry-go-round again. I want OFF!

Screw Listerine, we're swishing with Clorox starting tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hear you! We've been doing the same thing since late December.

    I want spring to come so the colds will go away, and we can just deal with allergies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is sprung! There are daffodils and crocuses everywhere, so begone, evil plagues!

    There ya go..let me know if it worked.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck, I'm so sorry you guys are plague-ridden. We went for three weeks without getting sick and today, Graham spiked a high fever and got the stomach flu. I'm pretty sure the rest of us are next. Hope you guys feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete